Exmoor National Park
Fresh air, little traffic and natural beauty are all an important part of the spa experience. Exmoor is an area of outstanding natural beauty, famous for its red deer and ponies, spectacular scenery and pretty villages which provide an excellent backdrop for walking and riding. The spectacular sands at Woolacombe and Saunton and the rocky coves of Combe Martin and Heddon’s Mouth are only a short drive as are the old fishing ports of Lynmouth and Porlock.
Directions by Road
- Turn off M5 at J27 onto A361 signposted Barnstaple at North Aller roundabout turn right to Blackmoor gate on A399.
- Turn right at Friendship Cross onto B3358 signposted Challacombe and Simonsbath.
- When you reach Challacombe turn right by bridge signposted Four Cross Way.
- Home Place is 0,2 miles on the right, first house past the chapel
Train, Bus & Plane
- Train: Local Station Barnstaple, 12 miles
- Train: Mainline Station Tiverton Parkway, 35 miles
- Train: National Rail
- Bus: First Local
- Airport: Local Airport Exeter International
Nestling in a high valley amidst the Exmoor moorland, Home Place Cottages and Spa is set in five acres of private meadowland with its own lake for you to relax by. The old farm barns set around a small courtyard have been converted into a Spa forming one side of the courtyard and accommodation on the other two sides. It fronts onto the river Bray, on the edge of the tiny village of Challacombe with its traditional Village Shop and popular village Pub, The Black Venus, just an easy five minute stroll. The coast at Combe Martin is only a short 6 mile drive and the surfing beaches of Woolacombe and Saunton about 20 minutes away.